Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ArtTraveler tries a hand at Richard Prince-like appropriation art ala Voina

I have transformed (read, misappropriated) the tags from Free Voina´s website because, when they appeared black on white, this was contemporary textual art ala Voina, and I wanted to appropriate it  into my blog to see what it looks like.

Disclaimer: I do not claim this as a Stefan van Drake creation. I owe the hyperlinking color palette to Google and Blogspot digital magic.

I call it, "Revolutionary Tags."



Police arrested Natalia Sokol (Kozlenok) and 2.5-year-old Kasper, pictured above, shortly after midnight today near a hotel where Voina members met German journalists for a film shoot. Four plainsclothese Center E (anti-extremist) police in an unmarked car popped out and arrested the pair and tried catching Oleg Vorontikov, who was escaping rapidly on bicycle. One yelled at Oleg, "Stop, or I´ll shoot." Vorontikov escaped.

The latest news Kozlenok and son: Cops released them at 4:30 a.m. today on Kozlenok´s promise to return today at 7 p.m. to meet investigators. She may not comply, Voina tells me.

Rock on and practice peace and love.
Stefan, the ArtTraveler (TM)

Visit Andalusia for a walking holiday or week-long sculpure or mosaics workshops. See: www.spanjeanders.nl. and www.competafinearts.com.

Contact me about arts happenings: stefanvandrake@gmail.com or call (34) 951 067 703 or from the UK at BT landline rates, 0844 774 8349.

No comments:

Post a Comment